I've been looking for the perfect pair of Levi's 501 for the longest time. It wasn't because of the hype surrounding them, I really liked these jeans. In my opinion these are the transition between mom and boyfriend jeans. Combine them and you get the perfect casual wear jeans. 
Eventually I found a pair that I liked a lot in a thrift shop in Amsterdam. I wasn't looking specifically for Levi's 501, I was just browsing when I found them. If you want to know more about thrift shopping in Amsterdam, you can read it here.
So how to wear them? Well, I prefer wearing them with ballet flats and simple shirts, but right now it's too cold for those kind of outfits so I am wearing them with simple knits and mid heel ankle boots. 
Short jackets will work the best with this type of jeans, although duster coat can also look good, depending on the rest of the outfit. I choose the first option because I thought it would look better with my jeans.

Jeans-thrifted
Sweater-C&A
Shirt under the sweater-Banana republic
Fur jacket-vintage
Boots-Bata
Bag-Mango
Watch-Casio from Asos